Our Employment Law Group assists clients in meeting the challenges of today’s workplace by providing practical advice on all aspects of the employment relationship. We also understand the client’s concern about its bottom line. Our approach is to establish a close working relationship, understand your objectives and then work hard to help your organization prosper.
We advise a wide range of clients on issues relating to both the public and private sector throughout Ontario. We regularly represent our clients before federal and provincial courts, arbitrators, and administrative panels. Our lawyers have a diverse background and can provide innovative solutions to problems arising in the employment context including:
- Employment aspects of business startups, reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and closures.
- Employment contracts and severance agreements.
- Confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements.
- Human resources issues, including policy formulation and dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Wrongful dismissal litigation.
- Statutory compliance and complaints (including employment standards, human rights, and workers’ compensation matters).
- Attendance and absenteeism, employee health and disability issues,
- Workplace safety issues.
- Discipline and discharge of employees.
- Workplace harassment and discrimination.
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our employment lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.